If you are interested in our open software engineering position, please submit your resume, academic transcripts, and cover letter to email@example.com.
Software Engineering Career Opportunity
We are seeking a full-time Software Engineer with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or software engineering. The open position is at our Hampton, VA office. U.S. citizenship is a requirement for employment. F1 Visas, green cards, and similar documentation are not sufficient for employment. Applicants must be industrious, highly self-motivated, and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (including proficiency in mathematics courses)
- Exceptional academic record
- Ability to be self-directing and work independently
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Strong problem solving, testing, and debugging skills
- Linux/UNIX/Windows/C++/Java experience
We are a small, employee-owned firm with a 50+ year tradition of excellence in Operations Research, Mathematics, and Software Development. We offer the following to our employees:
- Flexible work hours
- Challenging work in areas such as autonomous unmanned vehicle projects for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and Office of Naval Research (ONR)
- Bonuses, company contribution to retirement
- Casual work environment
- 89% of health insurance premium covered and HSA (Health Savings Account) fully funded OR cash-in-lieu of insurance (with proof of medical coverage elsewhere)
- Professional leave with expense account and tuition reimbursement
- Private offices in waterfront building with free parking garage
- Located in an area with: affordable/spacious housing available within easy commuting distance, cultural activities and attractions, parks and outdoor activities
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this career opportunity.
If you are a highly motivated, independent researcher or programmer who is interested in careers working with similar individuals to solve difficult problems using mathematics and software at any of our three office locations in Virginia and Pennsylvania, contact us at email@example.com.
- BS, MS, PhD or PhD candidacy in mathematical sciences, computer science, or in electrical or mechanical engineering, physics, or mathematical finance/economics. Nonmathematical degrees must demonstrate broad or theoretical backgrounds.
- Creative research ability
- Senior candidates should be able to represent the firm with clients
- Ability is more important than experience
- U.S. citizenship
Wagner’s 26 technical staff members have extensive domain and operational expertise in mathematical and other scientific disciplines. Thirteen hold PhD’s in the mathematical sciences and 8 hold Masters degrees. We have an experienced workforce with three quarters having five or more years of experience and one quarter having over 20 years of experience.
Dr. C. Allen Butler, President, located at our Hampton office, joined the firm in 1987 and holds a Ph.D. in functional analysis/optimization.
Dr. Scott S. Brown, Vice President and Manager of the Exton office, joined the firm in 1976 and holds a Ph.D. in logic from Princeton University. The Exton office has a technical staff of six, five with Ph.D.’s in the mathematical sciences.
Dr. Reynolds Monach, Vice President and Manager of the Hampton office, joined the firm in 1980 and holds a Ph.D. in number theory from the University of Michigan. The Hampton office’s technical staff consists of 19 employees with expertise in the areas of mathematics, statistics, and computer science, and seven of whom hold Ph.D.’s in the mathematical sciences.